Sunday 4 August 2013

Introductions

Hey! I'm Nicole. I'm 17 years old, and from Dobbs Ferry, New York. I'm going into my senior year at Dobbs Ferry High School, and my second year as an IB Diploma Candidate. I'm also going into my seventh year as a student at Broadway Training Center, a performing arts school in Hastings-on-Hudson. I am absolutely a theater nerd- I love theater, and the arts, and that's part of the reason why I'm so excited for this week. I'm going to an IB World Student Conference, and the topic is right up my ally- employing the arts in social and political change. The conference is taking place in Coventry, England, at the University of Warwick, and is expecting to host 150 kids from across the globe. I'll be blogging here about the conference here as often as I can, so check it out :) Also- I wanted to give a huge thank you to the IBO, as well as the University of Warwick. I'm so grateful to have recieved a full scholarship to attend the conference. I am so excited to be going, and to meet kids from all over the world, who have had so many different upbringings and experiences than me, and who are also interested in the arts. Can't wait! 2 more days until the conference :)

No comments:

Post a Comment